As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our campus and communities, we encourage all UW-Madison students, staff, faculty and alumni to practice recommended public health guidelines. To help, we’ve created a social media toolkit to encourage the behaviors we want the campus community to demonstrate.
A few notes to keep in mind related to the image assets included in the toolkit:
- The social posts can be used with either the icons previously launched as part of the Smart Restart toolkit, or by selecting an image from the collection provided by UW–Madison photographers. While we’ve often made custom visuals/graphics for other toolkits, since the situation on campus could quickly change, we felt at this time it would be more beneficial to allow people to mix and match “evergreen” visuals vs providing specific graphics that could become quickly outdated.
- The collection of images features a mix of student and administrator “models” that agreed to be photographed specifically for a campus public health marketing campaign. These images should only be used in communications related to public health or UW–Madison’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please use the photos judiciously and be mindful of representing the range of identities that make up our diverse campus community when using the images. This includes but is not limited to:
- If posting frequently, please use a rotation of images to avoid overuse of an individual image.
- Avoid using these images outside their intended context related to promoting public health behaviors.
- COVID-19 has affected all of us personally, academically and professionally, as well as physically, mentally, and socially. COVID-19 is not specific to an ethnicity or race – disease does not discriminate.
Suggested Social Posts
- Masks 1
Headline: Be Safe, Badgers!
Post: Don’t forget to wear your face mask on and off campus. #MaskUpUW
- Masks 2
Headline: Do It For YoUW.
Post: We all have a role in protecting the health and safety of our Badger community. #MaskUpUW
- Wash Hands
Headline: Do It For YoUW
Post: We all have a role in protecting the health and safety of our Badger community. #KeepEmClean
- Monitor Symptoms
Headline: UW Students: stay safe; stay on top of your health!
Post: Remember to take your temp regularly and monitor symptoms. And if you feel sick, stay home!
- Back Up / Physical Distance
Headline: Back Up Badgers!
Post: Our best defense against #COVID19 is our collective action. The more we limit physical contact with others, the less we spread illness.
- Get Tested
Headline: COVID-19 Testing for UW–Madison Students and Employees
Post: Hey, Badgers! Look out for each other and get COVID tested. It’s free, unlimited, and on campus.
All members of the UW–Madison community deserve to feel welcome, valued and safe. We do not tolerate harassment and discrimination, and racist behaviors and stereotyping are inconsistent with the values of UW–Madison. The Office of Compliance and Dean of Students Office provide resources and reporting options for students, faculty and staff.