University Health Services is able to offer third doses of Moderna or Pfizer to students whose immune systems are moderately to severely compromised. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, this includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
To schedule a third dose, make an appointment via MyUHS (app or online).