If you receive COVID-19 vaccination off campus, including your initial or primary vaccine series and booster shots, share your records as soon as possible. (Note that UW Health clinics and vaccines given by UW Health providers are considered off campus.) Wait until you have received either the single dose of a one-dose vaccine or both shots of a two-dose vaccine to share your record. You may share booster records immediately.
If you received your booster at UHS, or you previously gave permission to UHS to access your Wisconsin Immunization Record and you received a booster in Wisconsin, you don’t need to take any further action to share your vaccine record.
Otherwise, you may upload your record directly to MyUHS:
- Log into MyUHS using your NetID and password.
- Select “Enter my COVID-19 Vaccine information.”
- You will be prompted to upload a copy of your immunization record. This can be an image file (PNG, JPG, JPEG) or a PDF. Attempting to upload other kinds of files will result in an error message. Accepted records include:
- The official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination card you receive at your vaccine site. It must contain two patient identifiers, such as name and date of birth; vaccine lot number; vaccine name (for example, Moderna, Pfizer or Janssen/Johnson & Johnson); date of vaccination (there should be two dates for Moderna and Pfizer); clinic name (must be an official clinic name; if the clinic was a chain pharmacy, please include the store number). The example below shows these fields.
- Your Wisconsin Immunization Registry vaccination record
- A state vaccination record from outside Wisconsin
- For vaccination outside the U.S., the most complete record you have available. UHS will recognize vaccines maintained on the World Health Organization’s emergency use listing.
- You will also need to enter the date of your one-dose vaccine and the vaccine manufacturer, or the dates of your two-dose vaccine and vaccine manufacturer in the section labeled “Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine.”
- Click or tap “Done” when you are finished.
Allow up to five business days for the record to be reflected in your MyUHS account. It may take longer for booster shots to be reflected in your campus record. While the record is under review your Medical Clearance information will indicate “awaiting review.” Once it is approved, this field will say “satisfied.” You will receive an email from UHS when your record is approved.
If you received your vaccination in Wisconsin, and cannot find the record in WIR, contact the WIR Help Desk at 608-266-9691 or email DHSWIRHelp@dhs.wisconsin.gov.