Students who are currently in the U.S. should:
Take an antigen test before you return to Dane County. (Students who are already in Dane County should follow these instructions for testing once you arrive on campus or in Dane County.)
If it is positive, do not return to Madison or campus; follow these instructions for isolation.
If it is negative:
- If you are NOT having symptoms, return as planned.
- If you are having symptoms, do not return to Madison or campus. Isolate and take another test to confirm your result. Use a PCR test immediately (within 24 hours) if available; otherwise use an antigen test 24 hours after your first test. If the second test is negative, return as planned. If the second test is positive, do not return to Madison or campus; follow these instructions for isolation.
- If you are unable to get a test at your current location before traveling to Madison, get tested as soon as possible upon returning to Madison.
Students who are currently outside the U.S. should:
Following CDC international travel recommendations.
If you have provided or can provide proof of a positive PCR test within the last 90 days, you are not required to test.
- Otherwise, test as required prior to departing country of origin. If you test positive, postpone your travel and follow these instructions.
- Take an antigen test 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S. Follow these instructions if you test positive.
- If you are not fully vaccinated (completed initial vaccine series), quarantine for 5 days after arrival.