Course field trips are allowed in fall 2021. Instructors should be aware of the following:
- Students cannot be required to disclose their vaccination status.
- Participants should be encouraged to abide by the “recommendations” that apply to them based on their vaccination status.
- Those who are unvaccinated should do the following:
- Wear a mask at all times
- Social distance where possible (to reduce their risk as much as possible)
- Those vaccinated should not have restrictions other than those mandated by states, counties, districts and businesses, which are usually related to community transmission in the location.
- Anyone with symptoms should NOT attend field trips.
- Anyone in an active isolation or quarantine should NOT attend field trips.
Additional information on campus travel is available here.
- Vehicle: When traveling in vehicle, all participants are required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Public Transport: When traveling on public transport, masking requirements are based on the transportation service (it is highly recommended to wear a mask at all times since these vehicles have limited air flow and can result in prolonged exposure).
- Pay close attention to the COVID cases and transmission level of the destination (all are measured by total cases per 100k persons in the past 7 days)
- High: > or = 100
- Substantial: 50–99
- Moderate: 10–49
- In areas of High or Substantial transmission, those who are fully vaccinated should wear a mask in indoor settings or outdoor settings where physical distancing is not possible.
Individuals traveling domestically for business purposes should also follow the University Travel Policy.