COVID-19 testing and the Safer Badgers app
The university has adopted new measures to enhance the safety of the campus community during the spring semester. These measures increase the scope and frequency of testing and are linked to access to campus. Proof of recent negative test results will be needed starting Jan. 25 in order to access campus facilities and services.
See the Frequently Asked Questions below for more details about campus testing and the Safer Badgers app.
ATTENTION: Please pay special attention to the questions numbered 8 and 9 below for important information about how to prepare for your test. Following these tips will help you avoid having your test rejected by the lab.
- Employee update: Outdoor safety, events, vaccine and more
- Testing and vaccination updates
- Building access and testing updates
- Building access enforcement starts Wednesday Feb. 10
- Building access limits to take effect Feb. 8; updates on testing
- On-campus testing switching to drop-in only
- COVID-19 weekly update #3 for faculty and staff
- Safer Badgers app now available in Google Play Store
- DoIT Help Desk offering loaner device program for Safer Badgers
Covid-19 Assistance Line
Call 608-262-7777 for questions related to COVID-19 testing, the Safer Badgers app, technical support from DoIT, and any other aspect of the UW–Madison COVID-19 program.
- Interpretation assistance: When you call the COVID-19 Assistance Line, press #9 and identify your language. You will be connected to an interpreter and a representative from the COVID-19 Assistance line, or someone will call you back with an interpreter to assist you.
- Hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All members of the UW–Madison community deserve to feel welcome, valued and safe. We do not tolerate harassment and discrimination, and racist behaviors and stereotyping are inconsistent with the values of UW–Madison. The Office of Compliance and Dean of Students Office provide resources and reporting options for students, faculty and staff.