Check this page for updates on the status of campus operations.
Whenever possible, the university recommends that events and meetings continue to be held virtually; it is highly recommended that in-person events also allow for virtual participation by attendees who choose not to or are unable to participate in person. Any in-person events must follow campus policy for schools/colleges/divisions, and student organizations.
Facilities Planning & Management is fully operational.
See the Housing-related FAQs
Check the Libraries’ website for updated information.
- The Libraries provide a variety of study options, including seats in study spaces, 1-person study rooms, and computer lab seats. All seats require an active Wiscard and an appointment.
- The Computer/Info Labs are operating but at a reduced capacity.
- Libraries have printing options including the computer labs and print / scan appointments.
Recreation and Wellbeing
- At the beginning of the semester, campus operations and programming will be limited to allow time for everyone to comply with the testing program. The Nick, Nielsen Tennis Stadium, and the Shell will reopen Tuesday, January 19. View our updated hours of operation here.
- Starting January 19, we will encourage proof of the Badger Badge app to enter our facilities. It will be required for entry starting January 25.
- The Shell ice rink and Courts 1–4 at Nielsen Tennis Stadium will be closed for the spring semester and will serve as campus testing sites.
- More information on changes to operations and memberships is available on the RecWell website.
- Center for Leadership & Involvement
- Open virtually 9 a.m.–5 p.m. and by appointment in person (with 24-hour notice).
- Gender and Sexuality Campus Center
- Open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- International Student Services
- Virtual support services will occur from 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday–Friday during December. Virtual drop-in advising is available on Tuesday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. More information »
- Morgridge Center for Public Service
- Multicultural Student Center
- The MSC will be open in-person with study spaces on Tues/Wed/Thurs from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and available virtually on Mondays and Fridays. Sign up for study table online.
- Office of Multicultural Arts Initiative
- Available virtually and by appointment in person.
- Posse Program
- Virtual Posse Office hours, appointments, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
There are several options for study spaces on campus that may include private rooms and high-speed internet. Facial coverings or masks must be worn at all times. Food and drink are generally not allowed in these spaces.
University Health Services is here for you virtually, with limited in-person medical appointments for urgent care, by appointment only. Telehealth and telemedicine appointments are available for Medical and Mental Health Services.
- Call to schedule an appointment: 608-265-5600
- Mental health 24/7 crisis line: 608-265-5600 (option 9)
Rooms are distributed across campus, and include a mix of drop-in rooms, reservable rooms and special-request rooms (special-request rooms are prioritized based on specific virtual learning needs). All rooms are equipped with high-speed internet.
Both Memorial Union and Union South will be open:
- January 19 – 23 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- January 24 – February 7 from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Between February 8–June 30:
- Memorial Union is open from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Union South is open from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Both unions have instruction, study, size-appropriate meeting/event space, and dining options.
- The Wisconsin Union dining delivery service now serves guests within a one-mile radius around Memorial Union.
- The Wisconsin Union calendar continues to expand with event additions.