As a University, we commit to:
- Be guided in our actions with the health, safety, and welfare of our faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
- Make policy decisions affecting the University based on the best available information.
- Inform the University community of relevant information and policy changes in a timely manner.
- Promote the policies and expectations of the Smart Restart initiative through the robust allocation of human and financial resources.
- Provide sufficient resources for cleaning, sanitizing, physical distancing, individual protection, free testing, tracing, and training.
- Be flexible with in-class attendance for students to stay home when they are ill.
- Support the mental and medical health needs of our students.
Accommodations and Exceptions
Students with a disability or medical condition should apply online with the McBurney Disability Resource Center to request a face covering accommodation. Students who would like to request an exception aside from disability or medical reasons may contact the Dean of Students Office.
Students who intentionally or repeatedly violate the Badger Pledge expectations can be reported through the student misconduct process.
All members of the UW–Madison community deserve to feel welcome, valued and safe. We do not tolerate harassment and discrimination, and racist behaviors and stereotyping are inconsistent with the values of UW–Madison. The Office of Compliance and Dean of Students Office provide resources and reporting options for students, faculty and staff.